“Personal information” is information that specifically identifies an individual or information about an individual, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, or credit or debit card information.
Collection of personal information
Ameya Pawar for Governor collects personal information from you in a variety ways, including but not limited to, when you donate to the campaign, email the campaign, sign up to receive email notices or text messages, sign up to volunteer, register for an event, fill out a form, make a purchase, communicate with us through third-party social application or take any other action on the Sites. We may also obtain information from outside sources and combine it with the information we collect through the Sites.
We collect and disclose the following information from all donors: first and last name, mailing address, date of contribution, amount of contribution, aggregate sum of contributions per quarter, employer, and occupation.
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from anyone under the age of 13, consistent with the U.S. Federal Children’s Online Privacy Act of 1998. If you have any reservations, questions or concerns about your child’s access to the Sites or how information that your child provides is used by us, please contact us.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about you when you interact with our Sites. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information. This information is considered aggregate information, but will be treated as personal information if it is combined with or linked to any of the identifying information above.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Ameya Pawar for Governor may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Connect you with Ameya Pawar for Governor events and activities, and confirm event attendance;
- Provide news and information we think will interest you, such as information about relevant issues, resources, events, products and services;
- Improve, maintain and operate the Sites, including responding to customer service requests and support needs
- Provide information or products you request, and process and complete such transactions;
- Respond to your inquiries, questions and/or other requests.
- Connect you with other Ameya for Governor supporters and volunteers;
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected; and
- Contact you if required by Illinois state election laws
- Understand how users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Sites;
Sharing your personal information
We make every effort to preserve your privacy and may share personal information as follows:
- When we have a good-faith belief that release is appropriate to comply with the law (for example, a lawful subpoena);
- To protect the rights or property or safety of our supporters, employees, volunteers or others;
- With vendors, service providers, consultants, employees, contractors, or volunteers who need to know such information to carry out their duties;
- When reporting donations, the first and last name, mailing address, date of contribution, amount of contribution, aggregate sum of contributions per quarter, employer, and occupation of all donors.
- To comply with applicable laws, statutes, or regulations and to enforce this policy; and
- With your consent.
How we protect your information
Ameya Pawar for Governor has adopted industry-standard measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of information under our control. Although we make good faith efforts to store information collected on our Sites in a secure environment, we cannot guarantee complete security.
How to unsubscribe or opt out
People who subscribe to email lists via the Sites will receive periodic updates from us by regular mail, fax or email. You may opt out of receiving future information via email by using the unsubscribe procedure specified at the bottom of the email message.
This document was last updated on March 31.